Friday, July 18, 2014

Final

There were a number of times that I looked at the words I was typing to think if maybe this stuff was to personal to discuss. The conclusion was that it was not, but it did show a general view of a few aspects of my daily life, ideals, and thought patterns in what I hope to be a fluent writing. Lacking still in some aspects as far as grammar I can say now that this has helped me to an extent.

Grammar has always been a difficulty of mine. Having never had full instruction on it, as I have stated in board discussions, it was difficult for me to adjust. Even harder so was adjusting while on an all online class after being out of school for a few years. Of course this can be seen easily from the very beginning of this class. Some of my wordings have adjusted to better suit situations as well as the context of my writing. There has been a better variety of sentence structures now then was at the start.

Thankfully the free writing of the blogs did allow me to look at some of my thoughts in a more abstract view. Writings being sent out over the web for all to see means there is a likely chance someone with try and adjust your writing patters. They could be encouraging remarks or stating your problem in writing. Such a thing happened during my essay on the latter.

Being told my essay had a lack of fluid motion within it creating a harder understanding of my writing was an eye opener. Simple non-harmful wording such as that made by a fellow classmate made me go back and readjust my train of thought on the edit process. When writing the piece originally I thought it flowed, turned out I was wrong. Thankfully she pointed this out prior to me doing my final edit for turn in.

In final conclusion I believe the works of the blog were good in the abstract view. An open area for ideas to be expressed while containing it in a structured set of rules was a good idea. Open areas for reading it for anyone and all to see, not just your class, made it more worth the while so see who all might decide to peek in on your writing.

This was a good concept with careful planning and execution done by the teacher in a well structured class.

No comments:

Post a Comment